Getting around in Manila

Public transportations -" Jeepneys" , Just
You have to know yourself where you going and
where you want to stop .
So i arrived in Manila .

I fell a sleep in the bus at the back ..."Excuse me ..mam..excuse " driver was trying to wake me up , i grabbed my bag and tried to walk out of the bus as straight as possible , as i just woke up! As soon as i reached exit I saw this one guy in front of the bus waiving a peace of paper and screaming :"taxi , Man , Taxi " That was the moment whe i remembered that i am in Manila (Capital of Philippines ) . 
   I was completely lost . I was Standing on the corner of cross roads with cigarette and trying to wake up and figure out which way to go . I had to get to the hotel . So where is the hotel ??? Good question . The reason i would not take a taxis is , i did not want to be charged triple .
  I went to little meat stand to ask local ladies how to get to the Baclaran - They gave me directions: "Straight ahead 5 min train station and then few stops  )







Train in Manila
   I said thanks (gave them few peso for their help and walked , after 10 min of walk , no train station . I asked security guard - he directed me exact opposite . So i walked again ... After few more direction for about 3 more people i finally found a train stations which was actually only 2 min away from my primary location , funny . I leaned something , i you ask a question to Filipino , he will always answer with a smile , even if he/she does not know correct answer - if they don`t know they will just make up one .   In train station i was amazed - ticket price was only 12 Peso (its like 25 euro cents or something like that .)  Got in the train (nice lady on train helped me to make sense how far it my stop ) and after 10 min i was there . Walked down the road for about 15 min and reached my hotel . Baklaran is a great place to stay , many hotels and near to airport !!!





Trains in Manila !

Traffic in Manila !

No comments:

Post a Comment